Saturday, December 29, 2007

You'll Poke Yer Eye Out Ya Nit Wit!




So, am I the only woman who uses her toothbrush to smooth down, fluff up and shape her eyebrows in the morning? What a great beauty secret I thought I had. Who knew that one day, one spastic move and SMOOGE! Right in the eye! The pain was incredible. Later I would find out after an afternoon visit with the eye doctor that it was just enough force to put a gash into my cornea. If C.S.I. were to come into my bathroom, they would have found the microscopic splatter of my eyeball on my soggy bristles. If I could've watched that idiotic move in slow motion and saw the intense impact I had on my tender little peeper, I would live with goosebumps forever. Why is it I'm always in such a rush in the morning getting ready for work? That particular morning I was meeting my good friend, Reenie, for coffee. So I had to be out of the house earlier than usual. For some reason I was feeling ugly, hense the call for my beauty secret routine and Whammo! Bad timing and terrible aim. Maybe I'm going to have to cut my caffeine intake to one cup in the morning.

Now what would my mother have taught me? What would she have said? She probably would have reached into her make-up bag and said, "Here's an eyebrow comb, honey. Be very careful and use slow sweeping motions away from your eye. If you're in a hurry, dear, you'll poke yer eye out!"
ps ~ I don't know who the baby pictured above is, but I hope his mom doesn't mind my using his photo for this. He's absolutely adorable!!

No comments: